Monday, February 14, 2011

366 Weird Movies Guest Review:
Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives

Here is my latest guest review for the fine folks over at 366 Weird Movies.  It is for Apichatpong Weerasethakul's sublime Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives.  I saw the film at last year's New York Festival and, at the time, heralded it as at least equal to my favourite Weerasethakul film, Tropical Malady.  Today, I step that up some, by heralding it as the Thai auteur's best work yet.  I will be posting a review of the film over at The Cinematheque a bit closer to its release date, which is March 2nd at Film Forum btw.  That review will more along the extended remix route, but the one over at 366 Weird Movies is nice too.  Anyway, enjoy it now and come back for the director's cut on or around March 1st. 

Next up on my 366 Movies guest reviewing gig will be a review on Zhang Yimou's Coen Brothers remix, A Woman, A Gun and a Noodle Shop, a new look at Sam Fuller's Naked Kiss (just out in a great new Criterion edition) and a "re-release" of my already published Amer review from a few weeks back.

No comments: