Monday, October 4, 2010

Film Poll #4:
Favourite Eye-Patched Director

It's Monday morning and that means time for the new Film Poll here at The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World.  This week it is a somewhat unique selection.  You are asked to name your favourite eye-patch-wearing Director.  The funny thing is there are actually five to choose from.  In fact there was even a retrospective last year at Anthology Film Archives featuring these very same directors - V.A. Musetto, in the New York Post, called it "the invasion of the one-eyed auteurs".  My personal fave is Fritz Lang because he wears an eye-patch AND a monocle.  How freakin' cool is that!?

Anyway (as they say), go on over to the the left-hand sidebar and make your choice before it's too late - deadline is next Sunday night at the witching hour.

11 comments:

John said...

Had to give it to Ford, but De Toth deserves some credit for releasing House of Wax in 3D, despite his lack of depth perception.

Jeffrey M. Anderson said...

I love all these guys, but there's only one answer to this question: John Ford, John Ford, John Ford.

Alex Gein said...

Ford, followed by Ray.

Clark said...

Fritz! Fritz! Fritz 'til we chase him down and kill him!!

Harris Smith said...

nick ray!

Kevyn Knox said...

I don't think people are getting it. You can't just tell me who yr choice is. You need to actually vote on the sidebar.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry. I would vote, but I do not know their names. I have to say that the 1st and 3rd are my favorites. I go with the first.

Anonymous said...

That was me.
- Biff

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. I voted too. ;)

MP said...

Hard choice! Patched directors are great! I'm just gonna say one thing: Rebel Without A Cause.

Kevyn Knox said...

I can add one more thing...Johnny Guitar.