Thursday, July 28, 2011

Off to the Beach. Be Back Soon.

Well you won't have Kevyn Knox to kick around any more!  Okay, perhaps this Nixonesque quote is a bit on the melodramatic side (oh how I love those melodramas) because in reality I will only be gone for an extended week-end.  The lovely missus and I are off to O.C.M.D. (Ocean City, Maryland for those of you who do not speak "me") early this morning and I will not be blogging until I return.  To be honest I am not even sure if there will be wifi where we are staying (even in this day and age?) but whether there is or not, I will only be using it to surf that there net, not to post any stellar new cinema-related revelations.  Now there will be one post popping up here over the week-end (yeah, go ahead, call me a liar!) so you won't have to live that long without me.  That post will be a link to my weekly 10 Best Feature over at Anomalous Material - this week featuring the 10 Best 1950's Sci-Fi Films.  Otherwise, no news until my return early next week.  This return will include such catch-up reviews as Friends with Benefits, Crazy Stupid Love and Cowboys & Aliens (my trip also means I will have to wait until my return to even see this much-anticipated movie).  Anyway, like I said earlier, we are off to the beach, so I will get off of here and leave you with a lovely image of that classic beach movie The Seventh Seal.  Ah yes, the nostalgic feel of romping along the surf, avoiding the black plague and playing a rousing game of chess with Death.  See ya on the flip side.

4 comments:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Fortunately, my inflatable M.B.F.I.T.W. (Most Beautiful Fraud in the World, for those who don't speak me) is at the ready to receive a kick during your absence. And as a person who's been to Ocean City on many occasions for somber, reflective-like interludes I wish you the best of vacations, Kev...we'll leave a light on for ya.

Kevyn Knox said...

Thanx. Hope your inflatable MBFITW doesn't spring a leak - they can be pretty messy if they do.

MP said...

I've just been to Ocean City, MD last week-end and the weather was extreme! Where are you staying? For us it was a 12 hours ride but t'was worth the ride! Have fun and enjoy the beautiful beach and the many mini-golf courses!

Kevyn Knox said...

Weather is beautiful here. We are staying at a friend's condo on 71st street. It's about 4 hours from where we live (not quite as far as you). Going to do some mini-golfing tomorrow sometime probably. Just got back from the beach now.

Oh and even though I said I wouldn't have wifi here (which we do not) I found out that I can plug my Droid into my laptop and presto - here I am.

Well, I think I'm going to go get some seafood now.