Sunday, July 31, 2011

Anomalous Material Weekly Feature: 10 Best 1950's Sci-Fi Films

As you may already know, I now take up weekly residence over at the great film site Anomalous Material.  The fine folks over there have given me a regular weekly gig as feature writer.  It is a series of top ten lists on various cinematic subjects (and anyone who knows me can attest to how perfectly suited I am to such an endeavor - yes I am a list nerd).  This week's feature piece (my ninth such piece) is on  1950's Science-Fiction (and Monster) Movies.  You may be able to see the wires but they are still fun fun fun indeed.  Anyway, read on true believers.


Below is a shot from a fun film, 20 Million Miles to Earth, which is spotlighted by great creature effects from the legendary Ray Harryhausen.  This film just missed making the list but I still wanted to include it somewhere - so here it is.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

I love reading these lists/articles that you write every week - I think I'm a list nerd too (not that anyone could tell though). Looking forward to next week's.

Kevyn Knox said...

Thanx. It feels good to know somebody is reading. As for next week's list -- hope ya like a certain boy from Shawnee, Oklahoma. Now how's that for an obscure clue.

Natalie said...

That is quite the obscure clue - I must say, I'm completely in the dark - But I am excited none-the-less. :)

Kevyn Knox said...

Here's another not so helpful hint -- that boy from Shawnee, Oklahoma spent a good portion of his breakthrough role in bed with an Oscar winner.

Natalie said...

I think I figured out who that boy from Shawnee is...can I take a guess? I may be wrong anyway.

Kevyn Knox said...

Go for it.

Natalie said...

Brad Pitt? Am I right? I cheated and googled "famous people from Shawnee, Oklahoma". ;)

Kevyn Knox said...

You got it!! The list will be "10 Best Brad Pitt Performances".

Natalie said...

Yes! I win! ;) I can't say that I really like Brad Pitt, but chances are I'll be over here reading about him next week anyway.

Unknown said...

I just love all of the old sci fi movies of the 50' so keep your list going, and how about doing a list of the 60' best sci fi movies.

PEACE JOJO