Friday, July 8, 2011

The Cinematheque Reviews: Larry Crowne

I suppose as far as things starring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, and directed by Hanks, and co-written by Hanks (w/ the aid of that Big Fat Greek Wedding harpy Nia Verdalos) go, it could be a lot worse than Larry Crowne.  Quite insipid at times, and a bit too cutesy-pie for its own good, but still with an old-fashioned charm that should not go unnoticed - even though it is by many of my film critic brethren.  Of course, in many people's eyes, my saying that the film is not terrible and has at least a few good points is tantamount to me calling it the best film of the year.  Some people just can't differentiate.  Oh well, be that as it may, my review is up and running over at The Cinematheque.

5 comments:

Sam Fragoso said...

Nice review Kevin. Love both of your sites.

Keep up the good work.

Kevyn Knox said...

Thanx a lot. I will try.

Sam Fragoso said...

And of course when I say Kevin I mean Kevyn ... sorry about that.

Dan O. said...

I liked it but at the same time it's over cuteness did start to bother me after some time. Good Review Kevyn!

Kevyn Knox said...

Yeah, the cuteness does begin to grate after a while - which is why I couldn't like it any more than I did.