Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Cinematheque Reviews: Winnie the Pooh

It may not get the box office of many of its slicker, 3D animated brethren (and to put the nail in even further, it opened the same weekend as the final Harry Potter) and it may not have the adult crossover those aforementioned slicker brethren get with their pop culture referencing, but the mostly hand-drawn animation of the new Winnie the Pooh, along with its inherent nostalgic feel (helped along by a voice cast of dead-on impersonators) make for a thematically simple yet quietly beautiful motion picture.  I suppose what I am trying to say is get over yourselves and see the damn movie - it may not be the most rousing of films but the pure, old school animation is well worth your time.


I'll leave you with a typically problematic moment in the life of my favourite denizen of the Hundred Acre Wood.


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yes! I'm glad you watched it first - I really want to see this now...even more than I did prior to reading this. ;)

Sincerely~