Sunday, January 16, 2011

Film Poll #8: Name Your Favourite Darren Aronofsky Film

And the votes are in. Perhaps it has to do with none of us having very long attention spans, but the latest Aronofsky was voted your favourite Aronofsky.  This was my pick as well, so I don't know why I am whining about it.  It was actually a two-dog race from beginning to end, as the first Aronofsky and the latest Aronofsky were neck and neck until the latter took the lead in the final hours of voting.

The results:

Black Swan - 7 votes (36%)
Pi - 6 votes (31%)
The Fountain - 4 votes (21%)
The Wrestler - 2 votes (10%)
Requiem for a Dream - 0 votes (0%)

This victory for Black Swan comes on the day that Natalie Portman takes home the Golden Globe for her stellar performance in the film.  Now onto the Oscar...

My personal picks, in case you care, are (in descending order, though I have thoroughly enjoyed all five of the mustachio'd auteur's films) Black Swan, The Fountain, The Wrestler, Requiem and Pi.

I will be back in a few weeks with a brand new poll (which will probably have something to do with the Oscars).

No comments: