Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Cinematheque Reviews:
All Good Things

As much as I am impressed with Blue Valentine with Ryan Gosling (and Michelle Williams) that is how disappointed I am with All Good Things with Ryan Gosling (and Kirsten Dunst).  It has nothing whatsoever to do with the very talented Mr. Gosling (an actor one could claim to be the greatest of his generation and it would not seem cheap or cliche'd at all) nor does it have anything to do with Mr. Gosling's respective costars (both very talented as well, though I do definitely prefer one over the other in a rather coyly large way), instead with the way each movie is made.  All Good Things is not a bad movie in any way, but it does indeed have its glaring flaws.  Anyway, my review of All Good Things is up and running over at The Cinematheque (my review of the aforementioned Blue Valentine will have to wait until closer to its release date of Dec. 31st to see the light of day - radio silence until then).


No comments: