Friday, May 13, 2011

The Cinematheque Reviews:
Something Borrowed

Chick Flicks (purposely capitalized) are a strange breed that I may never understand.  I mean I may be a male film critic but I have my sensitive side too.  I cry everytime I watch Make Way For Tomorrow (in fact I am welling up just thinking about that devastating ending).  Though to be truthful, the reason Something Borrowed doesn't work may have a lot less to do with me not being the biggest fan of the genre and a lot more to do with it being a bad movie - a very bad movie.  I still cannot fathom why anyone would ever choose Kate Hudson over Ginnifer Goodwin - but I suppose that is merely a taste thing.  Anyway, understanding it or not, my review is up and running over at The Cinematheque.  Go check it out as they say.


To be honest I do not recall the below shot from the movie (is it a candid shot made during a filming break?) but to be even more honest, it could have happened during one of the times I was counting ceiling tiles in the theater.

No comments: