Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Cinematheque Reviews: Your Highness

A stoner comedy based in a medieval world of swords and sorcery.  What could possibly go wrong?  I suppose Your Highness is not really a stoner comedy per se - more of a sword and sorcery movie with mention of "illicit toking" (including its double entendre title) - but the part about things going wrong sure fits nicely in the whole scheme of things - or should I say not so nicely.

Actually, the film is not nearly as horrifying as many of my fellow critics would have you believe, instead opting for a mediocre stance on things at worst (and at best).  Still though, I certainly would not recommend it to anyone I like.  To ascertain more of what I mean (and to hear mention of a rather prominent minotaur penis - though on a side note I would expect a bit "more prominence" on the part of a minotaur penis) you can check out my review now posted over at The Cinematheque.


Of course, any movie, no matter how smart or how stupid, is made better with the addition of Zooey Daschanel.  Apparently, Franco's Prince Fabious knows this as well, since he goes to the veritable ends of the Earth to rescue her - and makes a lot of funny faces doing it.

1 comment:

Dan O. said...

It could have been so much funnier, but with what I got, I laughed for the most part. Juts lazy comedy really. Good Review!