Thursday, November 24, 2011

My 500th Post.....and a Happy Thanksgiving to You All

It is Thanksgiving today and here I am online, babbling about how this is my 500th post on The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World, instead of doing what I am supposed to be doing - eating enough food to put me into a coma.  Not to worry though, for anyone who knows me, knows full well that I will most certainly eat myself into a food coma at some point today.

But more on post number five hundred.  This site came to life on September 14, 2009.  Which means it took just over two years to get to this so-called posting milestone.  Granted, this is much less a big deal and much more a lame excuse to babble on and pat myself on the back.  So what I say, so what!  I have written both high and low here.  From (somewhat) insightful reviews of both new releases and classic cinema to Oscar talk (I am an Oscar nerd!) to blitherings and blatherings about whatever cinematic doodaddle comes to mind.

I am not sure how many people are out there reading this post, or the cinematic ramblings which occur regularly here at The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World (the statistics Blogger offers are never an accurate assessment), but I am going to ramble on anyway.  I was born in the backseat of a Greyhound bus going down highway 41 afterall (those who have knowledge of The Allman Brothers should get that last joke).  But I suppose it is about time to go and eat myself into that aforementioned food coma now, for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is about to end (yes, I may be a parade nerd too, but just this one parade each year), so I will sign off on this quite unnecessary post.  Happy Thanksgiving to whomever may be out there listening.  Post number 501 will most likely be of a bit more significance.  Maybe.

In celebration of the holiday (and my 500th post I suppose), here is a shot from the end of a rather fun Thanksgiving(ish) motion picture.  A film that starts out hilariously and keeps the hilarity up in full swing, before a sudden shift to great tragedy near the end - finally finishing on a sentimental but not saccharine ending.  Enjoy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy half thousand posts and enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Natalie said...

Wow. 500, huh? Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving!

Kevyn Knox said...

Thanx kiddos - and Happy Thanxgiving.....