Monday, April 29, 2013

Forces of Geek "A History of Sc-i-Fi Column" - Pt VI

The fine folks over at Forces of Geek have allowed me the space and time to ramble on about the history of science fiction cinema.  These bi-weekly columns, will make an attempt, however feeble, at discussing the history of this often chided cinematic genre.  From its birth to the latest CGI box office hits, I will take a look at the films that have filled the genre, as well as their literary influences and TV offshoots.  In this episode, my sixth in the series, I take a look at some alien invasion films from the year 1951, one of the early years of the decade that what would become known as the hey day of sci-fi cinema.

Read my column, "1951: The Year Worlds Collided and the Earth Stood Still," at Forces of Geek.


For links to all the parts in this series, go here, and scroll down to the Forces of Geek section.

No comments: