Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Cinematheque Reviews: My Week With Marilyn

Yeah yeah, stop your yammerin'.  So she doesn't look all that much like Marilyn Monroe.  Get over it.  She does a relatively good job in an almost impossible role.  Unfortunately the film as a whole, her performance notwithstanding, is just your typical middle-of-the-road biopic, so even if she were to blow us away with her portrayal (sadly she does well, but not that well) it would not amount to much of anything.  But I should stop my yammerin' as well, since I am merely repeating ideas I breach in my review of My Week With Marilyn.  In other words, you should stop reading this and head over to The Cinematheque where said review is now up and running.

Read my review of My Week With Marilyn at The Cinematheque.

2 comments:

MrJeffery said...

kind of agree with you. pretty mediocre fare.

Kevyn Knox said...

Which is a shame because Michelle Williams is my favourite actress these days.