Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My 400th Post.

Welcome to the 400th post in the history of that favourite blog of yours and of mine, The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World.  Online for nearly two years now (the official two year anniversary comes on September 14th) and already on post number 400.  That is a post every 1.72 days (if my calculations are indeed correct - and even so, it's surely damn close) and I suppose that could be considered somewhat prolific -- especially when considering there were a few months in there with merely a handful of posts.

Of course, most of those posts were actually about something (film review, classic critique, top 10 list of some sort, celebrity birthday and deaths, cheap pontificating on the state of cinema - you know, the usual) but here at post number four oh oh, it is nothing more than a post about being a post -- a benchmark post, but a post nonetheless.  In honour of this, I give you a beautiful image from one of my all-time favourite films (a film not just incidentally that many claim to be about nothing - see the tie-in), while at the same time promising to keep my commitment to my readers and keep on keepin' on -- ie. watching, writing about and generally obsessing over all things cinema.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Congratulations!

Kevyn Knox said...

Thanx.

Jack L said...

Congrats Kevin, and further congratulations on your ever increasing follower count!

Also 400 posts is a lot, I wonder how long it will take me to get there...

Kevyn Knox said...

I average about 25-27 per month right now, but there were months back in 2010 where I only had 2 or 3.

I'm sure you will be there before you know it.

Castor said...

Congrats on the milestone. It took me forever to to 400!

Kevyn Knox said...

Thanx. I was curious about how many posts I had so I looked and lo and behold, I was at 398. Caught it just in time. I'm looking for #500 around Thanksgiving.