Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Cinematheque Reviews: 30 Minutes or Less

30 Minutes or Less, the second feature from director Ruben Fleischer, just did not do it for me.  It has its funny moments, and is by no means a terrible film, but overall it was a disappointment.  I expected better out of the guys that brought us Zombieland (well, director and star who gave us Zombieland that is).   Granted, Zombieland was no Shaun of the Dead (but what is?), but it was still a quite enjoyable undead comedy/parody/satire thing, and 30 Minutes or Less (trying to do for the buddy action flick what the former did for zombie films) just does not do it.  Nevertheless, my review of said film (including mentioning its better points as well - I don't go total Pauline Kael on the bitch) is up and running over at The Cinematheque.

Read my review of 30 Minutes or Less at The Cinematheque.


2 comments:

Dan O. said...

This is no comedy classic, but it delivers plenty of laughs, thanks to a witty script and no less than five very hilarious performances. Good Review Kevyn!

Natalie said...

I nominated you for a blog award: details are on my blog. :)