Thursday, May 23, 2013

Forces of Geek "A History of Sci-Fi Cinema" - Pt VIII

The fine folks over at Forces of Geek have allowed me the space and time to ramble on about the history of science fiction cinema.  These bi-weekly columns, will make an attempt, however feeble, at discussing the history of this often chided cinematic genre.  From its birth to the latest CGI box office hits, I will take a look at the films that have filled the genre, as well as their literary influences and TV offshoots.  In this episode, my eighth in the series, I take a look at the year 1953, a year with some of the very best sci-fi films, and one of the very very worst films, of any genre and of any time, ever made.

Read my column, "1953: Invaders From Mars, War of the Worlds & One of the Worst Films Ever Made," at Forces of Geek.

No comments: