Monday, April 23, 2012

I Am Back...and The Avengers Are Coming

So after a fun weekend in Stamford CT, I am back here at The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World.  I am sure you are excited beyond belief.  But before I get back in full force, I would like to give a little preview of what is coming up over the next few weeks.  

As far as film reviews go, I will be posting new reviews on such mainstream films as Dark Shadows, Safe and the ridiculous looking The Raven.  Reviews on indie and foreign films such as Goodbye First Love, God Bless America, and the new Guy Maddin film Keyhole.  Still though, the movie I am most looking forward to is (the very mainstream) The Avengers.  As a comic book geek from way back, I am beyond excited.  Director Joss Whedon is one of the better Hollywood action directors, and he being a comic writer as well, should make for a pretty damn good superhero extravaganza.  My high hopes make me think that this could join The Dark Knight and Watchmen as my three favourite comic book movies.  I suppose we will see at the midnight showing.

To show my excitement for The Avengers I will be tying it in with one of my regular features here at The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World.  The movie already seems to be tied in with just about every commercial product out there, so why not me too.  As part of my Retro Review Series (where I republish "older" reviews from my 2004-2011 tenure at the now mostly defunct Cinematheque website) I will be taking a second look at some of the films that have led up to this superhero supergroup motion picture.  First up (appropriately enough) will be Captain America: The First Avenger, followed by a look at my reviews of both Iron Man and Iron Man II, and then finally The Mighty Thor (or was that just Thor?).  I will be posting these retro reviews throughout the week, culminating in my review for The Avengers, which should hit the proverbial cyber-newsstands on May 4th.

Anyway, like I said, I am back from holiday and will be posting new material again very soon.  Also returning will be a few other long gone regular features like Hollywood Haiku and My 10 Favourite Things.  So come back soon true believers.  That last comment was for all those other comic book geeks out there.  Excelsior!   That was too.  Anyway, here is some fun fan art for the aforementioned upcoming superhero extravaganza.


2 comments:

Chip Lary said...

I lok forward to reading these....

Kevyn Knox said...

Glad to hear it. Cap is coming up first on Saturday.