Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Anomalous Material Weekly Feature: 10 Best Non-Indian Films Set in India

Here we are again true believers, with my latest weekly 10 best feature for the fine folks over at Anomalous Material.  For those of you not in the know, those same said fine folks have given me a (possibly foolish on their behalf) regular gig as feature writer.  It is a series of top ten lists on various cinematic subjects - and anyone who knows me can attest to how perfectly suited I am to such an endeavor (yes I am a  list nerd).  This week's feature, my twenty-fifth such feature, is on those films set in the great and classic land of India.  But instead of discussing films actually made in India (great ones like Pyaasa, The Cloud-Capped Star and Pather Panchali) we are going with those films set in India but made my outsiders.  British and American films set in the great ancient land.  Here we go.....

Read my feature article, "10 Best Non-Indian Films Set in India" at Anomalous Material.

Below is the always enjoyable, albeit always a bit on the cheeky side, Sabu, in a shot from The Jungle Book.  This Indian born teen sensation of his time can be seen in not one, not two, not even three, but four of the films on this list.  I suppose that makes him our poster boy this time around.


2 comments:

MP said...

Superb! I love Non-Indian features made in India!!!

Kevyn Knox said...

Thanx. Apparently so do I considering the top two are in my all-time top 100, and number three is a sure runner-up for the list.