Monday, October 4, 2010

Movin' On Up.....

A little horn-tooting if you don't mind (after all, who else is going to do it?).

Last month around this time I (giddily) announced that I debuted on the LAMB (Large Association of Movie Blogs) Leaderboard at #5 (the highest debut of the month btw).  The Leaderboard (in case you have been caught unawares) shows the twenty most visited sites/blogs in the LAMB repertoire. So anyway, after my startling Top 5 (with a bullet) debut last month (well, I was startled at least - I honestly did not think that many people were even paying attention) I find myself moving even further up the charts.  September rankings place me in the #4 spot.

I know this may seem quite frivolous and downright self-congratulatory (but then online film writing has always been a rather masturbatory Sisyphean labour indeed) but it is also a great and powerful (ego boost) way of letting a brother know he is actually writing, not just for his own self-flagellation, but for others as well.  Others who actually take notice.  Hmmmmmm.....   

I would also like to congratulate Mark over at Where Danger Lives for taking the top spot this month.  I suppose I should (he said with tongue firmly in cheek) throw the proverbial gauntlet down, but perhaps that is getting a bit too big for my britches (as they say).  We should all just get along after all.

I'll leave you with an appropriately October-specific LAMB banner in hopes of movin' on up even further come the end of this horror-filled month.


4 comments:

Mark said...

Thanks Kevyn, and greetings from Selinsgrove....

Kevyn Knox said...

You are in Selinsrove? Is that Selinsgrove PA?

prauphet said...

Hola Kevyn...random stumble in the world of LAMB, just received my acceptance and now begins the daunting task of looking about, finding the interesting sites (not that there could be any such LAMB certified sites that are not interesting) and sharing my own enthusiasm and criticism for all things movies. Well, not all things, who wants that job!

Congrats on the ranking btw. I'm just beginning to look about. I noticed your 50th anniversary for Jean-Luc Godard's Breathless banner (to which I will check out directly) and just mention I have an editorial about Mr. Godard on my site and only just yesterday submitted a short film entry for the Canadian Filmpool folks in honor of Mr. Godard's 80th birthday coming up in December.

Cheers->
Rory
Above the Line:Practical Movie Reviews

Mark said...

Kevyn, Sorry for the delayed response to your response -- I never got an email.

Yes, I'm just north of you, and find myself in H-burg all the time. It's nice to see a fellow blogger so nearby. I see you are acquainted on some level with Alex from Korova theater. I don't know him in the "real" world, but we've been friends via Netflix for quite a while. Keep up the good work!