Monday, October 11, 2010

The Cinematheque Reviews:
The Social Network

As promised yesterday (in one of my "couldn't wait" phases) I have finally posted my review of The Social Network.  It's 2500+ word total makes it the longest piece I have ever written on one single movie - prompting my lovely wife to proclaim I should begin referring to my film reviews as film essays instead (it makes you sound more pretentious she giddily exclaimed - yeah, like I need that).  This is also a film I have made my own pronouncement about recently - somewhere between my first viewing on October 3rd and my second on October 10th.  The pronouncement that it is the best film of 2010.  Whether I still agree with that assessment come January 1st when I publish my Best of 2010 list...well, we will see then, won't we.  Anyway, without using too many more words (ya damned blowhard), here it is.

Read my review (essay) of The Social Network at The Cinematheque.

1 comment:

CMrok93 said...

Totally blown away by the fact, that a film about Facebook directed by David Fincher, can be a big-time Oscar contender. Loved it almost from start to finish, hope it gets awards come Oscar time. Nice post, check out my review when you can!