Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Battle Royale #16: Battle of the Sensitive Studs (The Results)

Welly well well my ladies and germs, here we are at the end of another Battle Royale, and therefore, here we are at another Battle Royale victory dance.  The guy dancing this time, you ask?  Well, in the Battle of the Sensitive Studs, where we pitted Paul Newman against Steve McQueen, the spoils go to Pa Newman himself.  With a final tally of 15 to 9, or 63% to 38% (wait a minute, that doesn't add up - nice work Pollcode.com), Newman beat out McQueen, and so congrats to Mr. Newman, and better luck next time to Mr. McQueen.  But then again, I am not actually here to talk about Newman versus McQueen (sorry guys - don't hate me), but instead, about the pitifully low voter turnout this time around.  With just 24 votes cast (and two of those were me, casting my vote on two different servers) this has been the lowest turnout yet, and really none of the voter turnout has been all that spectacular.  I guess, with the exception of the handful of regular voters, Battle Royale is basically a big ole bust.  With that in mind, I am placing a hold on any and all future Battle Royales here at The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World.  It is sad to say, but it just doesn't seem to be worth the time and effort one puts into such things. Who knows though, with enough public feedback, perhaps Battle Royale will return one day, but considering hardly anyone cares enough to vote, I doubt the feedback will amount to even Bogie's proverbial hill of beans.  It has been a great, if not discouraging, run through the first sixteen Battle Royales, and I hope to do it again someday, but for now...c'est la vie, as they say.  But remember, my reviews and other such things will continue uninterrupted, so there's always that.  


No comments: