Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Anomalous Material Weekly Feature: 10 Movie Moms You Do Not Want to Cross

Here we are once again true believers, with my latest weekly 10 best feature written for the fine folks over at Anomalous Material.  For those of you not in the know, those same said fine folks have given me a (possibly foolish on their behalf) regular gig as feature writer.  It is a series of top ten lists on various cinematic subjects - and anyone who knows me can attest to how perfectly suited I am to such an endeavor (yes I am a  list nerd).  This week's feature, my twenty-seventh such feature, in honour of Mother's Day happening this past weekend, is a look at movie moms.  The best moms, the worst moms?  Actually a little of both.  These are the movie moms with whom you do not want to mess.   Whether they are protecting their children from school bullies or outer space creatures, or whether they are a bit miffed over some ill-placed hangers or the devil roiling around inside their virginal daughter, these are the mothers of all mothers.  Find out who these ten (eleven sorta) movie moms are at the other end of the below link.

Read my feature article, "10 Movie Moms You Do Not Want to Cross" at Anomalous Material.

Below is a shot of one of the ones that did not quite make the list.  No, she's not crazy at all.  Just a sweet cookie-making mama who wants to save her daughter.  Okay, she's batshitcrazy.  And yes, I kinda felt bad kicking her onto the cutting room floor as it were (she is in one of my favourite films), but hey, someone had to be sacrificed, so why not this wicked ole witch.  But here she is now, so please enjoy.


No comments: