Friday, October 7, 2011

The Cinematheque Reviews: The Future

Adorable.  If one were forced to describe Miranda July's second film, The Future, in one word or less, that one word or less would have to be adorable.  Freakin' adorable really, but then I have gone over the required limit, so let us just leave it at adorable.  Now when I use the word adorable, I do not mean it as a cheap shot.   I do not mean that cloying kind of adorablity that one gets from puppy dog eyes and Hallmark cards.  I mean the kind of adorable found in the deft but sweet storytelling of Miranda July.  Okay, I guess that could be construed as cheating in a way, but too bad.  Adorable it is and adorable it shall stay.  Anyway, my review of said adorable film is now up and running over at The Cinematheque.  Check it out, as they say.


No comments: