Sunday, June 19, 2011

50 Down and Another 50 To Go .......and then To Infinity & Beyond

Well hot-diggity-dog, I have breached the 50 followers threshold!!!  It only took 1 year and 9 months to do it.  Wait a minute, that's a pretty long time (especially in online time), but hey, I finally did get there, so the celebratin' time has begun.  The momentous event actually happened late last month (hey, that means it was just 1 year and 8 months!!) but in all my excitement I forgot to post this extremely self-absorbed and quite self-serving notice until just now.  Actually we fine folks here at The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World (meaning, ME) are now up to 55 followers.  Gee that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside - and helps to boost an ego that probably needed no help getting boosted in the first place.

Now what does all this silly hallabaloo mean anyway?  Nothing probably, but I sure am thrilled by it.  Actually it does mean that somebody (a bunch of somebodies) is/are out there listening to the cinematic ramblings of this (let's face it) long-winded blowhard claiming to be a film historian and critic.  Perhaps this means too that my delusions of grandeur are legitimate and actual feelings of grandeur.  Have I made it as a cinephiliac man-about town?  Am I up in the big leagues now, getting my turn at bat (yes, I just sampled The Jeffersons theme song!)?  Am I ready for my close up Mr. DeMille?  Perhaps, perhaps, but let's not get ahead of ourselves quite yet.  Let's cross another obstacle first.  Let's get to (gulp) 100 followers and then celebrate our asses off.

So that's the goal true believers.  Let's reach 100 followers (just 45 to go) and let's do it by the end of the freakin' summer.  Yeah!!  100 followers by Labor Day - we can do it.  Then, hot-diggity, we are going to party like nobody's freakin' business.  Then after that - to infinity and beyond.....


No comments: